Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ski Bum

GREY*isms*

  • Me:  “What should we pray for tonight?”
  • G:  “That I don’t step on bees and Graham can’t suck on bugs”

Finally, a full weekend of sun and fun!  A weekend like this almost makes me forget how gray and boring it’s been around here. Greyson’s final tee ball game of the season was on Saturday followed by a great afternoon on friend’s boat, where Graham water-skied while Greyson freaked out because the “sides of the boat are too short!”. He got over it and ended up tubing with his buddy but Graham is officially our dare devil; no doubt about that.

Grahamonskis.jgp

There is nothing comparable, in my experiences, to boating on Lake Washington with an unobstructed view of Mt. Rainier and the Olympics. It’s a a different kind of beautiful from the Minocqua lakes. Breathtaking. We really had an incredible day with a family we love so no doubt there’s more lake days in our future.

iPhone photos 008

I’m in Paris at the moment, back home this weekend for Greyson’s end of season tee ball party and back to Europe next week. Thinking about Greyson singing Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” chorus when he didn’t think I was listening is helping me through the days without him.

I’m writing a blog post for my company about working mothers.  It’s actually been a therapeutic exercise and I’ll try to remember to post the link once it’s live.

1 comment:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful!! Is that a word?

    Loves Grey's prayers and especially love the fact that little Graham was skiing. Mike must love it.

    ReplyDelete