Friday, January 6, 2012

2012, hang on, we’re coming!

We spent a wonderful week in Wisconsin with our families, New Year’s Eve with friends and neighbors back in Seattle and are, in true high speed fashion, back to work, school, ski lessons and travel. The year is off to a fast start and we’re not quite ready for it!

Grey skiing

Our trip back home was a whirlwind but well worth it despite the fact that the flight home was a stressor so much so that we left our Nikon SLR on the plane.  Thankfully the airline found it and when FedEx brings it back, I’ll be able to post a handful of great photos from the holidays.

The boys embraced Christmas this year- the entire experience - Giggles’ daily visits, looking at the Christmas lights, opening gifts and laughing endlessly with their cousins was magical.

We went out to dinner on NYE for the first time in well over a decade.  Our “old” nanny Sara watched the boys (they miss her terribly) and although we had fun at dinner, I think they had more fun than we did.

Sara and the boys

It’s nearly 60 degrees and sunny today.  I’m thinking about upcoming trips to Cancun and Hawaii and wishing I could skip over the last 2 weeks of January when I’ll be in the Nordics where it will be freezing cold and dark!  If you’re reading my blog and have some suggestions for places to see in Finland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark, let me know.  Though it will be cold and dark I will as always embrace the experience.

GREY*isms*

  • G: “The guy in Tin Tin had a drink problem”

We wish you a magnificent 2012 and hope to blog more often this year!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Papa got that out of that movie. Too Funny! Love Grey on skis!!!

    ReplyDelete