Saturday, September 18, 2010

180 Degrees?

GREY*isms*

G: "Maybe Mrs. Sharon will wear a dress tomorrow...a pretty dress!"

His official first crush is here and I'm not ready for it. I'm especially not ready for the older woman. Call it an innocent crush if you want but please tell me how I can get the pictures out of my head of having a daughter-in-law my age. Twisted? Ok, a little. But I have a 4 1/2 year old child who can't stop talking about his teacher and what she might be wearing and what she's doing and what her fish is doing and "Mom, can I see a picture of Mrs. Sharon?"

The good news is, there are no more tears in the mornings. He talks about her constantly. He wants to see her picture. He loves school!

I don't know what he sees in her :-)

I'm astounded by the acceleration of his growth (including his height though he's still the smallest in his class). His independence has multiplied overnight, literally, and now I'm wondering why I don't get to console him while he cries getting his haircut. The answer is because he's getting into the chair all by himself and sitting there quietly not even asking where I am, which is sitting a short distance behind him equally proud that he's not crying and wishing he would.

To our neighbor, "Marilyn, do you like my haircut?"

Graham's cold has been hanging on so my champion napper has been struggling this week. He refuses to eat anything off of a spoon so we're getting as creative as possible with finger foods.

The boys are having a great time together. They laugh all the time. After dinner at our house is always a party. It's the best time of the day for both of them. I took a video of Greyson whispering secrets to Graham that are extraordinarily hilarious. We're looking forward to some upcoming fun in September and October. Fall and football are here and life is good!

4 comments:

  1. OMG - that is so cute!!! I just love those adorable little boys so much!! And tell Greyson I am so proud of him for going to school like a big boy. You can tell he is looking at his teacher with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I'm just cracking up that you said "OMG".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football season is NIRVANA. I don't even watch the games but I love that they're on all day and we're all hanging out in the room, rough-housing and laughing together.

    Good luck with Graham. Both my boys gave up anything on spoons around 8 months and hence I end up nursing them about 6 months longer than I'd like to. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R- I completely agree. This is the season where I thank God for 2 gorgeous boys and a sports-y husband. I heart fall.

    ReplyDelete