Sunday, June 6, 2010

Everlasting Mess

I might have mentioned that Greyson is reading (i.e. we’re reading to him) Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.  Actually, we’re on the 2nd read at this point.  We’ve got him all jazzed up for How to Train Your Dragon as I’ve heard it’s Roald Dahl-like.

So, I was thinking about Willy Wonka and how much I LOVED the original movie when I was little.  Who am I kidding?  I still love it.  I actually like the movie better than the book and that’s not normal for me.  I wanted an everlasting gobstopper more than anything… ‘you can suck ‘em and suck ‘em and they’ll never get any smaller’.  That was then.  Today, the idea of an everlasting gobstopper grosses me out.  All I can picture is sticky hands and sticky faces.  And where the hell do you keep the thing when you’re not sucking on it?  Lay it on your bedside table?  2 years in and you’d need a crowbar to get the thing off and then what?  You start sucking on it again?  Sick!

GREY*isms*

  • G: “Mom, I should have that box!”
  • Me:  “Why should you have it?”
  • G:  “Because I’m elderly”

*another one*

  • G: (removing the napkin from his lap)  "I would prefer not to use a napkin tonight”

We had a really nice weekend with a gorgeous Saturday that made up for last week’s rain.  We all played outside, all day, and got really dirty.  We ended the night with a dinner picnic outside (we cleaned up first).

 June 2010 005June 2010 015 June 2010 011 June 2010 023June 2010 020

The rain and sun has done wonders for my vegetable/herb garden and our landscaping.  I can’t tell you what these flowers are…but they’re all growing in our yard (OK, I’m pretty sure the last one is a rose?)

 

PS. Thanks to everyone who donated to the 8k that Mike and I ran a few weeks ago.  Our team raised over $3000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!

AGS Runners

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the Gobstopper. My neighbor had one of those gigantic jawbreakers one summer and I was completely repulsed each time I went over and she'd pick it up and start licking on it. EWWW!

    Vincenzo LOVES the How to Train your Dragon books. It's like Roald Dahl meets J.K. Rowling. We actually e-mailed the author and she even e-mailed back! We lent out book #1 but have the others if you'd like to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R- thanks for the offer! We have books 1 through 4 so that should tide us over for a while (I have at least 2 of your books as it is!) Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete