Sunday, May 23, 2010

We have friends and family who are SAHM’s and DINKS. I’m a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and working professional. Is there an acronym for that? C-R-A-Z-Y. So that is my excuse for going dark since Mother’s Day. It’s not that I haven’t tried. I’ve got 4 blogs in draft and can’t seem to find a way to complete them.

What have we been up to that’s kept me from blogging, you ask? Hmmm…

  • Graham is sleeping like a champion fighter, so I can't feign a lack of sleep (well I can, but for other reasons)
  • Greyson and Graham take their afternoon nap at the same time, so throw that excuse out too
  • Greyson has soccer every Saturday but we skipped yesterday’s class and last week’s too (though we did go to a birthday party instead)…
  • We paid for someone to clean our house this week (finally)

You get the picture. So, we should have time on our hands, right? Time to spend lazing in the sun with our boys, time to spend preparing fresh fish with herbs from our garden, time at the park, time making music, laughing, playing...so, here you go. A little bit of documentation from some of the fun we've been having.









And a few other tidbits about all of us...
  • Graham is still toothless but is managing a fine array of foods. I'm adding cinnamon to his oatmeal and that's going over quite well
  • After smelling his new toothpaste, Greyson said "I'm blowing toothpaste air into my nose". When asked why, his response was "so my nose blows up"
  • Graham is not crawling, nor showing any interest in trying but put him on the floor with a teething ring, a book and some crinkly toys and he will happily occupy himself for an hour
  • Mike is still flying to Eastern Washington once/week- we try to pretend that traveling overnight is a burden but secretly revel in the peace and quiet
  • Mike and I ran an 8k for charity last week. We finished the race together (because I went as fast as I could and Mike insisted on running with me) and enjoyed it enough that we're talking about doing another one in June.
  • We threw a party on Friday night for a co-worker. Our last guest left at 9:30am the next day. We got some sleep, but not much.

More to come. Maybe next week, maybe next month, but we'll be having some fun around here!

3 comments:

  1. Hoping this comment posts. I absolutely adore these precious boys as you of course already know. But I can't tell you how much it thrills me and makes my week when I get these videos & pics of my absolutely adorable little grandsons. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. In that first picture, you should tell Mike that if he makes that face it just might stick like that.
    2. Graham sounds a lot like Rocco, who is 10 months and only just started sitting up and crawling
    3. How on earth do you have a party guest leave at 9:30 a.m.? Was it a slumber party? Or was it really just that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom- those boys love you too!
    Mrs. Mouthy- Our boys, all 4 of them, are destined to be friends. And yes, I'd like to think my party was just that cool. Though my head the next day didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete