Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010

We are in the midst of a phenomenally beautiful Mother’s Day weekend. May marks the beginning of ridiculously long days in the Pacific Northwest.  8pm bedtime for Grey feels like late afternoon. 

I was trying to remember what we did on Mother’s Day last year so I checked my blog (I am aware of how lame that sounds, thank you very much).  In May of 2009, I wrote about our visit to the park and Greyson’s official transition to ‘potty trained’.  I find that quite ironic today, given the fact that Grey came downstairs this morning with an obvious guilty face and admitted that he just pooped in the bathtub.  Take note that he wasn’t taking a bath at the time.  He just climbed in, took a dump, and covered it up with a foam letter “H”.  He should have picked a letter with less gaps.  Maybe an “M” for MAD MOM.

Have you seen this You Tube clip?  Greyson loves it and has been reciting it word for word, with the accent.  He’s recently begun putting his own finger in Graham’s mouth.  Lucky for him, Graham is still toothless.

I’ve been lamenting the fact that our Greyson is no longer a baby.  He is all boy and is demanding his independence, his own voice and his space.  But I can’t go to bed without watching him sleep, tucking his quilt around him and brushing the hair off of his face.  And sometimes I’ll risk waking him with the flash of my camera when I feel like capturing a moment like this one – head on his baseball pillow, monkey blanket tucked securely under his arm…he’s still a baby to me.

May 2010 015

Speaking of babies…Graham is cool, calm and collected.  The antithesis of Grey in every way.  He’s moved beyond rice cereal and into the realm of peas, carrots, avocado, sweet potatoes and apples.  His doctor tells me that a local pediatrician started her own organic food line that supposedly expands a baby’s palate. I say ‘why not’?  If a jar of Japanese-inspired puree increases the chances of Graham eating grilled fish tacos with a homemade pineapple salsa on a warm May night when he’s 4 years old, I’m game. 

May 2010 005

GREY*isms*

  • Me: (after returning from a business trip to Toronto) “Tell me about your week!”
  • G: “I put a leaf in Graham’s mouth…and he puked”

GREYSON’S AMERICAN DICTIONARY

Cropernating (Cropper-nate-ing):  Don’t touch anything!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment