Thursday, March 3, 2011

Greyson Says…

…“Is Yoda a creditor?”  ~March 2, 2011

Mike is the traveler this week.  He’s in Portland for 3 days and I’m excited for him and the opportunities he’s got going on there.  He’s also getting a chance to reconnect with an old high school friend and teammate, watch movies in his hotel room, order room service and otherwise enjoy a few quiet nights.

*GREYisms*

  • G:  “Look at Graham’s boobs!”
  • Me: “Graham does not have boobs”
  • G:  “Is that a private part?”
  • Me:  “Yes”
  • G:  “That’s why you wear a broth?”

That exchange came about a week after he made a Valentine for Sara with a self portrait on the front and on the back, “a picture of me as a baby eating from Mom’s boobs”.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, our son is obsessed with breasts and yes, Mike did take a picture of that masterpiece:

photo

I’ve had the most fun these past few days with the boys by myself but last night I said “isn’t it fun sometimes to just hang out with mommy, or just hang out with daddy?” and he said “no, 2 is better”.

Here’s a few other *isms* from the past few months.  If I had one day to do anything I wanted, I would just sit and listen to Greyson talk (aka philosophize).

  • G:  “A Jedi can protect me from bees, lions and hummingbirds “  ~November 2010
  • G:  “You shouldn’t drink beer or wine in the car or it will spill. It’s better to use a sippy cup” ~January 2011
  • G:  (explaining why Graham was naked in the playroom) “My brain was just thinking it should take Graham’s clothes off” ~March 2011 
  • Me:  “Hayden was a good cat, wasn’t he?”
  • G:  (sigh) “Yeah, he was a good listener”  ~March 2011

And one last deep thought, by Greyson Guenther…

  • G:  (at bedtime, recognizing that in other places in the world, people are just waking up) “It’s always light somewhere” ~March 2011 

It sure is Greyson, it sure is.

1 comment:

  1. You can never have too much protection from those hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete