Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5 years old is what’s up!

_MG_7325

Greyson and I were driving to the store on Sunday, a day before his 5th birthday, to buy sprinkles and frosting for his homemade chocolate cake (cake decorator I am not- but I’ll share the picture anyway) when he asked me what I do for a living ~

  • G: “Mom, what do you do for your job"?”
  • Me: “Hmm…that’s a good question”…
  • Me:  (still thinking) “I’m trying to think of a good way to describe it”
  • G:  “Just do the best you can”

March 2011 017

His 5th birthday celebration consisted of a fun weekend at Great Wolf Lodge (a.k.a. “MONEY PIT”), popsicles with his friends at school, a playdate with a favorite friend and cake and ice cream at home.  Mike and I gave him Marbleworks, a toy I bought when he was 9 months old and miraculously didn’t lose (considering there was a 1500 mile cross-country move between then and now, I’m patting myself on the back).

He’s proud of being 5.  He woke up on the morning of his birthday, requested purple pancakes (he got ‘em!) and told us that he was going to do the valet drop off at school.  This is a really big deal because he has absolutely refused to do drop off or pick up at school since his first day when he completely freaked out. But on Monday when Mike and I brought popsicles for snack time, his teacher told me that at drop-off he got out of the car, held his chest high with a big smile and gave her a high five. 

I can’t believe our 5lb 1oz first born baby boy is 5.  He started tee ball with Kirkland Little League today.  His uniform is #4 and something tells me he’s going to have a problem with that because he’s definitely not 4 anymore.

GREY*isms*

  • (taking a bite of a donut at Great Wolf Lodge) “This donut absolutely tastes like sausage”

1 comment:

  1. Awwwh!! Those pics are awesome - there is that happy little boy again. He is so adorable and funny.

    ReplyDelete