Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom, Mom, Mom

Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful Mom who never missed a moment to tell me how smart I was, how beautiful, how good at the thing I was doing at the time. I didn’t deserve every compliment but she doled them out anyway and she was as good a salesperson as I’ve ever met because I believed her. To this day, I think I can do and be absolutely anything I want. I’m so grateful for that gift.

2 good trips this month- one to Paris and one to Cabo San Lucas.  Paris for work (seriously) and Cabo for a much needed vacation with Mike.  I’ll post some pictures of both when we get back from the latter because tonight I just want to post some pics and a fun video of my Mother’s Day weekend.

I am absolutely smitten with these boys! I can’t properly express how much fun we’re having.  Greyson is looking out for Graham just like he promised me before Graham was born… “I won’t eat ‘em and I won’t squish ‘em”.

Greyson is a sports-kid these days.  He gets home from baseball and wants to play baseball. I’ve been fielding his hits, throwing grounders and playing catch with him.  I feel like a kid again.

Mothers Day Weekend 010

Graham is pure joy.  I am so completely in love with this child!

Mothers Day Weekend 022

In short, my Mother’s Day was a glorious one. I stayed in my pajamas until dinner time and only changed because I thought the neighbors might stop over.  We played all day.  It felt like Christmas. I’m heartbroken to be leaving them tomorrow but ecstatic that Mike and I are heading to sun, 90 degrees and a week with our friends, the Mullens. Marita isn’t going to know what hit her because it’s been SO LONG since I’ve been able to chat with a girlfriend who knows me inside and out.

And speaking of girlfriends, one of my favorite Seattle-area friends is learning the art of photography.  She took pictures of the boys a couple of weeks ago for fun and for free (for free!). She posted the best ones to her blog.  I adore them and I adore her.  Click Here to see how good she is. She captured their spirits in these photos.

And a few more weekend pics for your viewing pleasure. Tomorrow we’ll be sipping margaritas by the pool.  Au revoir, I mean Adios!

GREY*isms*

  • “Does anyone want a Geico credit card”?

1 comment:

  1. If there is any reflection on me as to what a wonderful, awesome mom you are then I must have done something right.

    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete