Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



Did I mention that I love snow? I love almost everything about it; especially the large white flaky stuff that floats (it's falling outside my window as I type). I don't like old snow- the kind that piles up on the sides of the streets after dirty plows push it away over and over again.

SNOW DAY! I'm also not a fan of snow that prevents me from getting where I want or need to go. I'm working from home today not because I want to but because my car is stuck in the driveway. Mike is in San Francisco and hoping his flight isn't delayed tonight (me too!). The city of Seattle and its surrounding suburbs are absolutely paralyzed today. 6 inches are on the ground and most highways and bridges are closed. We're told this much snow is a rareity and have been warned that the locals freak out when it happens (they do) but selfishly, I'm happy to see it because it just doesn't feel like Christmas without it.

If you haven't met our nanny, Sara, here she is with Grey. They're playing in the snow today and having a blast.



I also thought you might get a kick out of the neighbor who is clearing his car with...what else...a frisbee!

To those we'll be seeing next week, just know that we've been looking forward to it for months and will be ready to:

  • Have a glass of wine (or 4)

  • Kiss and hug our nieces and nephews

  • Completely shun our parenting responsibilities while Grandma Janet, Papa Lee, Nana, Papa and Greyson's aunts, uncles and counsins parent for us

  • Get a pedicure with Tina

  • See a movie (Twighlight, anyone?)

Greyson is ready to take yet another plane ride, see if Giggles* really did tell Santa how good he's been this year and show all of you:

  • He's got some new dance moves

  • He can recite almost all of The Polar Express and Frosty the Snowman (and the songs too)

  • He can identify songs by Mannheim Steamroller, Pearl Jam, his Papa and Paul Simon

  • He sings a mean "Who let the Dogs Out"

*This is Giggles- he's Greyson's pixie elf and he visits us every morning after spending the night in the North Pole where he tells Santa if Greyson has been a good boy. Greyson loves waking up in the morning to find Giggles.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment