Sunday, May 3, 2009

Date Night!

Beautiful weekend

It's Sunday night, Greyson is asleep and Mike and I are in our huge bed sitting side by side with our respective laptops open. There was a time when you could tune into life at our house between 8:30pm and 10:00pm and the picture was the same. I'm happy to report that this is actually a bit of an anomoly as we made a conscious decision before the holidays to minimize our nightly habit of working in bed. This is not to say that it doesn't happen from time to time if one or both of us has a deadline or gets an itch to shop online. Tonight, it's a combination. Per an earlier post, we have pulled the trigger on Greyson's "big boy" bed which is scheduled to deliver on Wednesday. I visited Pottery Barn kids to take one last look at the vintage sports quilt we fell in love with a few months ago. Aside from the price, I love it. Internet shopping complete, my plan was to rearrange a few meetings I have set but the blog sidetracked me. My calendar can wait. In a future post, I'll be sure to add a few pictures of Grey's new room along with an update on the transition.

May is officially here and we tried to take advantage of what was a beautiful weekend. Swine flu be damned, Greyson visited a number of parks in the area with Sara and we put a nice dent in his new bubble collection. (He is potty training like a champ and earning his prizes; thus the bubbles). We're down to a diaper at naptime and nighttime and in between he gets his pick of underwear by Spiderman, Thomas and Lightning McQueen.

Greyson & daddy on Saturday afternoon
On Saturday afternoon, we had the pleasure of seeing Mike's best high school friend, Tobin Janke, who has lived in LA for the past 10 years and was visiting Seattle with his girlfriend. I forgot to take pictures but he looks great, as always, and is vey happy. They brought Greyson a few books from the Mr. Mischief series and he's now working on memorizing them. After Tobin's visit, Mike and I got ready for a dinner out sans Grey (our first in a very long time). El Gaucho, a Seattle steakhouse, did not compare to our favorite Milwaukee hangout but we enjoyed the company of our friends who were enjoying their first night out since becoming new parents 8 weeks ago. It was a fabulous 3.5 hour dinner and I can't wait to get out with them again. This picture is Greyson kissing my 13 week old (and very much popped) belly before Tobin arrived.


It's been a while since I've shared video on the blog and I've certainly got enough of it. This clip is an excerpt of Greyson "interviewing" himself. He uses his wiffle ball bat as a microphone and chats away as if he's in deep converation with someone important. I'd love to say that he's this cute all the time but we're officially in the "3 year-old stage" and have been enjoying such phrases as "don't talk like that", "that's not true" and "I don't care". A few nights ago, he walked out the back door after being told not to (in his underwear and a T-shirt mind you) and ran 2 laps around the house. It was all we could do not to fall into fits of laughter as a blond streak whizzed by the patio doors.



A big congrats goes out to our friends Robb & Molly Mathia who just welcomed their first child, Dylan, to the world. We've enjoyed the pictures and hope to meet him soon. The Shah family is expecting their second son in August, the Leatherburys a second son in July, the Goehlers are anticipating the birth of their first son and the Lichts are breaking the trend with a girl on the way as well! Like the first time, I'm enjoying sharing my pregnancy with great friends and lament the fact that I'm going to be missing regular play dates this time around. Soon the time will come...

No comments:

Post a Comment