Sunday, May 10, 2009

Greyson is growing up!

Big Boy Bed

Well, the transition is complete and I'm elated to report that it's been a big success. Last week Wednesday marked Greyson's first night in his new bed and I don't think I need to tell you that it was met with some trepidation from us. Mike set the line at 2 for the number of times Grey would get out of bed (and Mike took the over). Total number? Zero! He woke up at 7am, walked out of his own room for the first time and gave me the biggest smile and best 'good morning'. It made my day. Since his first night, he's been napping as usual and sleeping great at night. I wonder what we were worried about?
Greyson & his new bed
View from his closet

The whole transition was a really great experience for us. It reminds me that, as usual, I need to relax and give Grey the credit he deserves for being able to handle change. Lest I forget that he moved with us to a new state, with a new nanny and 2 new houses in 6 months. He's also nearly done potty training. Sara's potty chart was a huge success. The small incentives did the trick (we watched his final incentive tonight- the movie Bolt). We'll be ready for overnights in a week or two.

Greyson & his potty chart before he fully completed itHappy Mother's day to our moms (we love you very, very much) and to our sisters, cousins, aunts, grandmothers and friends. We hope you all got to celebrate in your own special way. For me, it was a relaxing day; sunny and warm. Mike & Grey let me sleep in, made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and helped get the baby's room organized. It was a great day.

Getting ready to go to the park on Mother's day
One of his park favorites
It's a rare occasion for me to get 2 posts in 2 weeks; if I get 2 in a month I'm happy. I just couldn't wait to share Greyson's latest milestone with you. We're so proud of him. Now if I could just get him to come up with a different baby name- he's still really stuck on 'Jesus'.






1 comment:

  1. Hey Greyson! You made it to a big boy bed!!
    Hi Jess! This is Holly and Tina - she came to visit me this Memorial Day weekend! We want to come and visit!!! Blog looks great - hope all is going well! Miss you!!!!
    Love, Holly and Tina

    ReplyDelete