Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Little Bit of This...

Our closest friends and family know Proud to Introduce Photography very well. Some of them even know the mastermind behind it, Allie Gadziemski. Allie is a light that came into our lives right after Greyson was born when I went on a mission to find an out-of-the-box photographer to capture our family. Little did I know she would become a big part of our lives and be counted among one of the people I miss the most. Little did I know she would become friends with my friends, take wonderful photographs of many of them, and make an impact in much the same way she impacted us. Allie is the eye behind every holiday card you've received and piece of photography/art you've seen in our home(s). She's photographed our family a dozen times and is the catalyst of hands down my most embarrassing moment. If you don't know the story, I give you permission to ask the next time you see me (note: see, not talk to). Allie recently gave birth to her third son, Desmond, and her blog was an inspiration to start mine so I just wanted to say thanks to her and one way or another, we will figure out a way to get in front of her camera for maternity/newborn this year.


Greyson's Uncle Nate (my 30 year old brother, currently living in Boston) lived in Chicago after college and aside from a short stint in Washington DC and his current digs in Boston, considers himself a Chicago guy and will be back again in the fall. Thankfully his taste in the NFL hasn't gone "the way of the Bears" but he is a Cubs fan, thus the photo below. It is in Nate's honor that I'm blogging tonight as he recently told me that they make his day. I just can't promise this frequency on a regular basis!

At the beginning of the year, I listed a few things I wanted to get accomplished- find an OBGYN and pediatrician, among other things. What I didn't list, but should have, was to find a local kid's barber ("hair cut store" in Grey-speak) since his haircuts were being done by yours truly since the move. Fortunately, we found a place called Brat Pack that has enough distraction to keep kids from going too crazy with sitting still in a chair for 15 minutes. Unfortunately, we didn't find it until this past weekend so Grey has been getting the aforementioned home-grown haircut for close to a year. It's not like he gets a buzz cut. Mike's only request is "keep it long" so I'm challenged with keeping him still on the bathroom sink while I use my shears (Target's finest) to look and act like I know what I'm doing. Having said shears also means that Greyson knows they exist and this is why I walked into his room a week ago to a clump of his hair on the floor. He cheerfully pointed out that he had returned the shears to their rightful place. How nice of him.

Note the missing chunk of bangs

Thankfully Brat Pack did a nice job of blending it in and I can happily hang up my barber hat...for now.

We had another really nice weekend. The weather was perfect and we had no obligations so we rolled out the Diego slip n slide, did some yard work and fired up the grill. It was the epitome of relaxation. A couple of weeks ago, Mike ordered Greyson a set of starter golf clubs- he's been swinging clubs and baseball bats lefty since he was 1 (Mike is very proud) so it required a custom order. He debuted the clubs tonight and is already showing both talent and frustration; a combination that I would like to save him from if I had my choice. He seems to be instinctively hard on himself. As parents, don't we just want our kids to be good but humble, hard-working but realistic? If you have the recipe for this, please, share it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jessi!! This is about the sweetest thing EVER. :) THANK YOU so much for such kind words- you are wonderful. Grey is looking SO big, I love everything in this blog post!!! Thanks for being you. :)

    ReplyDelete