Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Counting Down the Days!

I cannot believe it's September already! Do you feel like you've been saying that as the months and years go by? In less than 4 months we're going to be ringing in 2010 and I can't figure out what happened to 2008!

We just enjoyed a fabulous weekend with our friends, Ryan & Tina Johnson and their daughter Lauren who turned 4 in February. Kids seems to make the space-time continuum go faster (is that a real thing or am I caught up in Star Wars, Star Trek or Back to the Future lingo?). Our nephew Jake turned 11 this year and his sister Bria just turned 8. Happy Birthday, Bria! Our niece Alayna, who's 5, started Kindergarten yesterday and I'm getting ready to send Greyson off to pre-school.

It was a joy to celebrate the "official" end of summer with the Johnsons doing fun Seattle touristy stuff (hello, Duck boat tour) and just enjoying great company. The kids, minus their son Tanner who stayed home this time, had a great time together and we're already looking forward to the next visit; hopefully sooner than later.

The famous Pike Place Market


Feeding the ducks at the Kirkland Marina


Lauren & Mike on the Duck Tour in Seattle

In 2000, Ryan (aka RJ) sent a photo of the 4 of us from a Mexico vacation into the Ripon College alumni magazine and they in turn published it. Long story short, Tina & Ryan looked like they were posing for a magazine shoot, Mike looked his usual debonair self and I, in the forefront of the picture, looked like Humpty Dumpty. My head was twice the size of theirs with 3 chins and a ridiculous stupid grin on my face. I've been threatening retribution ever since and when Ryan posed for this picture, I figured what the heck...I'll go ahead and post it and hope that my friends and family poke some fun at him. I don't have nearly the readership that the Ripon Magazine does but feel free to post comments for his reading pleasure.




As most of you know, Greyson has a few things he's really into these days. Guitar and golf have been the staples for a solid year. He's recently become obsessed with Disney's Imagination Movers (he's going to their concert in December and will very likely pass out from excitement) and he loves to draw. To see his self-portrait, you'll have to visit my Facebook page as Blogger.com doesn't recognize the format. He captured his big eyes quite nicely. He's not likely to be a Picasso, but I plan on framing it!

Greyson after a "show"


Happy Fall (yeah football!). Mike and I are defending our Fantasy Football title this year so please join us in wishing injuries upon the players owned by Sejal Shah (whose wife just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Sai), RJ, my brother Nate, Sibley and the rest of the schmucks in our league. Oh, and may Brett Favre lead the NFL in interceptions and be sacked a record # of times by the Green Bay Packers. We wish no ill will on anyone; we just want to win. We're looking forward to attending a few Seahawks games this year ("Hawks" to the locals) but our hearts remain in Green Bay.

I've been asked a number of times to post pictures of my pregnant belly. I am not promising anything but I'll see what I can do. You should know by now that pregnancy to me is a means to a wonderful end but the 40 weeks in between are a torture of sorts and no amount of mental pushups seem to get me over the hump. I am counting down the days. Until then, here's a family portrait. You may not be able to see my belly, but believe me, it's there!


1 comment: