Monday, December 20, 2010

I bring you good tidings of great joy

Clarence: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?

I was feeling sorry for myself this morning thinking about my family who celebrated Christmas with my cousins, aunts and uncles… without me.  Feeling sorry for myself because Greyson couldn’t manage another morning without whining and complaining for no good reason.  Feeling sorry for myself because Mike’s new job takes him to Portland until Thursday.  Feeling sorry that I’m not flying home for the holidays, that there won’t be a white Christmas in Seattle, that my butt’s too big for my skinny jeans.

The good news is that I am capable of taking my head out of my big butt before I get so far up in there that I need anti-depressants or copious amounts of wine to get out.  My White Christmas quote at the top reminded me that there are families in this world, families that I know personally who would give anything to struggle with my daily trials and tribulations if it meant their loved ones could be here struggling with them instead of guiding them from above.

I’m still feeling sorry, but a little less so.

We sent Christmas cards to over 100 friends and family; just like we do every year.  This year, we received dozens and dozens back due to insufficient postage.  We re-stamped and resent but I fear some of them got lost in the abyss.  So, here’s the card.  We added a ribbon to make it look like an ornament. 

jessi2010 cardbackRG[1] jessi2010 cardfrontRG[1]

I’m excited that Christmas is only 6 days away.  I’m looking forward to the Christmas Eve service at church and I’ll work on my butt after I’ve had my fill of Christmas cookies, chocolate croissants and daily lattes.  Not yet.  Not yet. 

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is my favorite one. Your photographer is such an artist!

    Rocco has been waking up a lot at night lately; he screams straight through the hours of 4AM to 6AM; both boys are out of bed at 6; and as hard as it is I am not complaining for the same reason as you. There are so many people I know who would love to be rolling their eyes over the same problems, but they have not been so lucky. We are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need those days once in a while...I had one a few weeks back. Was crying for no particular reason. One day at a time...have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R- I should have given my photographer another shout out- I was too busy wallowing. Her name is Heather Quintans- send me email if you want her info. And thank you. We're friends for a reason.

    Kate- you have a right to cry for no reason. Baby C is like 3 months old! Hang in there, girl. It gets easier ("it" being "the balance"). You're doing a fabulous job of enjoying the moments and he's a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete