Friday, December 3, 2010

We got our snow and we loved it!

You may recall I was jonesing for snow a couple of weeks ago.  The good news is, we got it.  The bad news is, it’s gone.  3 blissful days of snowy skies, snowy roads and snowy fun.  25 degrees and sunny.  Thanksgiving morning brought fat white flakes while we prepared the meal and watched Mike’s parents play with our boys.  The next day, it warmed up to 45 and has stayed there ever since.  My Christmas wish this year is for the snow to return on or after December 16th and I’d like it to stick around until after the New Year.  Then it can leave and we’ll start mowing our lawn in February and bragging about it on the blog.  Sorry Wisconsin.

Happy Anniversary -11 blissful, argument-free years (ahem)- to my one and only.  I’ll refer you to last year’s 10-year anniversary blog for old pictures and sentimentality.  Mike got me an iPad but he’s terrible at waiting to give gifts so I’ve had it for a few weeks.  He picked out a pair of shoes for himself. They haven’t arrived yet. I think I got the better end of the deal, but he’s pretty excited about his shoes. 

What I love right now:

  • Balsam-fir scented candles
  • Christmas music (particularly Josh Groban’s rendition of Little Drummer Boy)
  • My living room, at night, after dinner but before the boy’s bedtimes
  • Mike’s bond with Greyson
  • Graham’s belly laughs
  • Christmas cards from family and friends

GREY*isms*

  1. (to Mike) “I’ll tickle you until you pee in your pants”
  2. After being asked to eat a few more bites of brussels sprouts, he shook his head and said “put it in my journal”.
  3. After being asked, once again, to eat a few more bites of brussels sprouts, he said “that’s not appropriate”.

1 comment:

  1. I always look forward to your posts. Especially the Grey-isms.
    Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete