Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry New Year! 2010, Seriously?

Don’t judge me for what I’m about to tell you.

The Guenther family flew back to Seattle yesterday after an enjoyable, albeit a little nutty, visit with family in Wisconsin.  We celebrated Christmas Eve and the days leading up to it with my family in Plover and Christmas Day and the days following with Mike’s family in Minocqua. 

Christmas 09 055

So, I confess.  I still have status with Northwest which means I get complimentary first class upgrades when they’re available.  So, yes, I left my husband and 3 year old son in coach while my baby and me sat in first.  I meant to send the fresh baked molasses cookie and a cocktail back to them, but I fell asleep.  I did send Mike a text before take-off:

  • Me: “How’s your seat-mate?”
  • Mike: “Shhh, she’s rubbing my leg”

When we landed, my own seat-mate made a point of saying “that’s the quietest baby I’ve ever sat next to”.  I promptly invited him home to prove otherwise.  He’s coming over tomorrow.  Hey, if Mike’s seat-mate can rub his leg…

Kidding aside, the boys were champion fliers.  On a flight a few months ago, Greyson’s request to the flight attendant for a glass of orange juice started like this, “Hey, lady”.  This time, he remembered to say “Hey lady please”.

Graham is smiling like crazy.  His eyes are still blue and HUGE. Exhibit A:

Dec 31 09 002

It was wonderful to see and spend time with our families and I want to go on record with a huge THANK YOU for putting up with my constant disheveled, sleep-deprived state, not to mention the baby ramblings (read, crying, wailing, whimpering) and little-boy tantrums.  Although it’s always hectic traveling with the kids, we still enjoyed our time with all of you!

Our 1st shipment of gifts arrived today.  The volume of extravagance our families spoiled upon our children required not one, not two, but three boxes to ship home!  Grey has spent the majority of the day riding his new scooter around the house, pounding the bongos, shaking his Polar Express bell and playing doctor.

GREY*isms*

  • G:  “Don’t worry kid, I’m a pirate”

Christmas 09 114

Happy New Year!  It’s freezing in WI and comparatively balmy out here (45 degrees @ 8:00pm).  We’re cooking up Dungeness crab tonight and will likely see the official start of 2010 sometime around 3:30am since we don’t plan to be awake at midnight.  Such is the life of us at the moment.  Perhaps next year.  Cheers!

1 comment: