Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There’s Nothing Like a Packer Fan!

Dec 09 006

GREY*isms*

  • G:  I can’t say ‘holy shit’
  • Mike: No, you cannot!
  • Me: Where did you learn that word?
  • G: From Marty
  • Me & Mike (in unison):  Who’s Marty?
  • G: (exasperated) Marty, from Back to the Future!

Giggles, our pixie elf, is back in town.  iphone 11-09 006He spends quite a bit of time in light fixtures and other high places so he has the best vantage point to keep an eye on Greyson who is having a tougher time staying off the naughty list this year.  (See above '*ism*)

If you follow the blog, you know that Greyson can tell Giggles all of his Christmas wishes.  This year, he has one simple wish.  Ask Greyson what he wants Santa to bring him for Christmas and you’ll get one answer…bongos.  I already know his wish will come true but I’m enjoying providing some mild torture when I, in the presence of Greyson, tell Giggles that he’d like some new underwear and maybe a new pair of socks.

  • Me:  Grey, what should we get Uncle Nate for Christmas?
  • G:  How about some bongos so we can play them together?
  • (good grief!) 

Some other *isms* I don’t want to forget:  Greyson asking for a kiss but when I bend down to give him one he says “no, the kind you eat”.  Singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town, “he knows if you’ve been bad or good so too bad for goodness sake”.  Calling my name as I sat at the dining room table at my laptop.  “Mom…you seem focused”. At bedtime telling Mike to "please shut the door before you bug out". Pointing to the cat on the cover of the Shrek DVD and asking, "there's Puss, where's Boots"?

Graham had his 1 month doctor visit last week and she confirmed that he’s gaining weight like a champ (10lbs 3 oz and 21 inches) and by all appearances seems to be a normal, healthy baby boy. He definitely hit the “baby’s fussiness may peak between 6 and 8 weeks” so that can go away any day now, please. He’s stolen my heart, despite the fuss, and I can’t wait for everyone close to us to meet him!

Dec 09 009 Dec 09 004

I miss my family, friends and neighbors (a lot). We’re really looking forward to coming home for the holidays. I hope to post once more before Christmas and then I’m going to hang it up for a few weeks.  Until then, enjoy the faces of Graham.

iphone 11-09 002 iphone 11-09 003 iphone 11-09 005 iphone 11-09 007

No comments:

Post a Comment