Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful…(and I LOVE it!)

I promised a post before Christmas.  Technically, I’m following through.  In the spirit of the season, I intend to keep my sarcasm to a minimum and just rejoice in all that is sharing, caring, family and relaxation.  OK, maybe not a whole lot of relaxation but what do I expect with a 3-year old nutball who’s wiping his Cheetos-laden hands on his clean shirt as I type and my 9-week old (today) baby boy who is blissfully sleeping but won’t be for long.

It’s nice to be back in Wisconsin where it’s snowy and cold and Christmas-like.  Clark Griswold, aka Tom Kofler, showed up again this year and the rest of the neighbors didn’t do too shabby either.  Greyson is loving the lights and the snow and he had fun sledding right up until my niece Alayna broke her leg (it’s a LONG story, but thank you for your prayers- she’s a little trooper).

Christmas 09 006

I left Seattle too early to enjoy all of the cards we receive from friends and family.  It’ll be a little like an extended holiday when we get home and sort through them.  By now you’ve received our card and although I always appreciate the comments I get about how beautiful they are, I need to put on record that I cannot take credit for them aside from coming up with what I want it to say.  The photographer deserves the real credit.  I often get asked why I don’t send a Christmas letter and at the risk of offending my friends who do, I will tell you that I don’t do it because I grew up reading the letters of my parents’ friends and it was a family tradition to read them out loud in the kitchen and insert our own dialogue.  I’m sure this blog gets its share of ribbing and given that, I probably deserve it. 

We wish all of you a very blessed, healthy, happy & safe holiday and a 2010 filled with new blessings, experiences and milestones (like Graham sleeping through the night, Greyson going to bed without a fight and me losing the rest of my baby weight).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dec 09 043

No comments:

Post a Comment