Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny Days, Chasing the Clouds Away!

Mike wanted me to post a picture of our green lawn. I could claim that he’s not trying to rub it in but I’m pretty sure that’s the intent. He had to mow the lawn on Saturday, yet another weekend of 55+ temps and sunny skies. Needless to say, we’ve been spending a lot of time outside going for walks to the park, playing ball in the backyard and a new one for Greyson, worm hunting. (He uses a spoon to dig up the dirt. He found one living worm, though I think it was dying, as it was quite short and looked a bit maimed; perhaps the spoon had something to do with it)

02/20/2010
I don’t talk about it often, but it’s really tough being so far from home; particularly from friends and family. But enjoying the mild temperatures this winter, particularly the sunshine and outdoor activities, makes the pangs of homesickness a little less sharp.

Our boys continue to amaze and delight. Graham is drooling and chewing as if a tooth might be coming in and he's close to rolling over so we’re keeping a close watch.

He's more vocal than Greyson was at this age. Given the amount of chatter Greyson provides on any given day squashes any hope Mike might have had for some peace and quiet.

Greyson is working on perfecting his artistic side. Meet Baleedy & Crotchy:


Those cheeks!



Do you not want to just squeeze him?

GREY*isms*

"Wow, Dad. Mom sure doesn't like me eating jello"

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of our 1st year in Nashville - we redid all of our landscaping in mid February! However, by June, I was wishing for the milder temperatures of Wisconsin instead of the blazing heat and humidity of the south. I guess Seattle is fairly temperate all year round - not a bad place to be.
    And, yes, I want to squeeze those cheeks - please do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, you're right- Seattle is temperate all year...the summers, fortunately, are the best. No humidity, no rain, all sunshine and long long days. It makes up for the rainy winter (though this winter we haven't seen much rain; thus my sunny skies post). I squeezed him for you :-)

    ReplyDelete