Monday, February 15, 2010

What do YOU want to be?

I wanted to be a writer when I was little.  There was a time I would have given anything to be Mary Lou Retton but my gymnastics dreams died when the program moved from the balcony of my middle school gym to a town 100 miles away.  Gymnast vs novelist?  Hmmm…

Now that I’m “all grow’d up” and most definitely not a writer, I’m known for the next best thing…editing.  This is an award I received at our company Christmas party this year:

Feb 10

They got it right, I guess, since the first thing I want to do is destroy the wording in the award.  Anyway, I digress.

GREY*isms*

  • Mom: Whatcha doin?
  • G:  Mom, shhh. I’m in a meeting!

So, if Greyson grows up and follows in our footsteps, he will in fact be attending a lot of meetings.  The following photo montage tells a different story, though.

Paging Dr. Greyson…

Christmas 09 050

Greyson, the one man band

Christmas 09 053

Captain Stinkbutt!

Christmas 09 062

Last month he wanted to be a truck driver, this month it’s Spiderman.  He’s still loving every instrument we put in front of him and swinging golf clubs in the backyard whenever he gets a chance.  We’ve discovered that he’s not a big fan of playing basketball(although why would anyone like the class- they don’t get to shoot baskets!!!) but he’s OK with soccer and baseball.  His best role is big brother and he’s really amazing at it.

What I know for sure is that I don’t care so much about what he turns out to be as much as who he becomes.  And I prefer not to think about any of that and just revel in my almost 4 year old Doctor Captain One Man Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment