Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Home Stretch!

We’re ready for our baby boy to join the family.  As ready as we can be, I think.  OK, I don’t have a bag packed but I didn’t last time either and I got by just fine. 

So for the past week or so, I’ve been basking in the attention of Greyson & Mike and just burning memories with them that will make me smile as our new normal kicks in.  Last night, Grey & I took a bath in the “big tub” and we had a 5 minute conversation about body parts.  I so enjoy looking at him with a straight face and letting his little mind bring to his lips all the wonders of the world.  He had me eating out of his hand with “I love you mom”, “this sure is fun mom” and “are you going to stay with me the whole time, mom?”.  I nodded in the affirmative right up until “that’s your left boob and that’s your right boob”.  OK, I’m ready to get out now!

Oct 09 012 

My other recent favorite?  Greyson’s first 15 minutes of the morning.  He pads into our bathroom with his eyes squinched shut to “keep the bright out”, lays down on the bathroom rug and waits for us to finish getting ready for work.

Oct 09 010

And last weekend?  He fell asleep watching a movie with Mike.  This isn’t common.  If he’s not in his bed, he’s awake, so to get to watch him sleep like this is a treat.

Oct 09 008

So nothing extraordinary is happening at the Guenther house but I’m certainly enjoying the little things with my 1st love and 1st born before another boy turns our lives topsy turvy. 

GREY*isms*

It’s official, Grey has chosen his Halloween costume.  As I mentioned, he’s been vacillating between a number of options and now that the search is over, the trick has been to get it off of him! 

Oct 09 023

(Preparing to watch Pirates of the Carribean)

Me:  Can I have a kiss before the movie starts?

G:  Pirates don’t give kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment