Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yours, Mine & Ours

I walked into Greyson's dentist appointment a few minutes late on Thursday so he was already in the chair. When I opened the door to go in, I heard a child yelling and my first instinct was to assume it was Grey so I said "is that my kid"? Turns out it wasn't, but it got me to thinking about how I tag my child depending on the situation.  He's my kid when the situation is dicey and I might not want to admit it such as the aforementioned scenario. Or even better, "Hey Mike, your kid is drawing on the floor with crayon!". I might say my son when discussing him with a business acquaintance and he's just my sweet Greyson or Grey when Mike and I are chatting with each other or with family and friends who know him.

He's sweetie, pumpkin, sassafrass and munchkin and a litany of other affectionate monikers when I'm talking directly to him and I'm not going to lie, if he's got my last nerve and he's not in the room, I might call him a little sh*t or worse, little f-er. But we won't share that with any authority that might judge my parenting as a result of it, will we?

Saturday soccer class (shin guards required!)Oct 4 09 007

Yesterday, Greyson was all "ours" with a little sweety and pumpkin thrown in. After soccer class, we took him to Remlinger Farms in Carnation, WA for the Fall Harvest Pumpkin Festival and he was in a state of euphoria for the entire afternoon (we purposely skipped his nap which can sometimes bring out my kid and often times little sh*t). Mike's planning to play hooky for an afternoon so they can go back again. There was some serious daddy/son bonding time after 2 rides on the mini roller coaster and an old-fashioned car ride through the country-side.  I gladly parked myself on the nearest bench for all of the non-pregnant friendly activities.  There may have been a bag of popcorn and caramel apple to keep me company, but I can’t say for sure as my teeth are stuck together.

Here’s a snapshot of memories from one of our final weekends as a family of 3:

"GREY"isms

G: I can't taste the taste! (In reference to drinking some OJ with a really stuffy nose)

2 comments:

  1. HA! so my husband is not the only one to refer to our children as little f-ers?! my sweet tiny baby.... jim comes in after trying to get him back to sleep and proclaims: i can't get that little f'er to burp!
    nice. :)
    love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A- definitely not! I'm ashamed to admit that I use it more than I should :)

    ReplyDelete