Thursday, October 8, 2009

Swine Flu, Seriously?

Did I tell you that I had to terminate an employee 2 weeks ago who faked the swine flu?  Yeah…can you believe it?  She called in sick (she being a very young, 22 year old college grad) on a Sunday.  Who am I kidding?  No one calls in sick anymore.  She emailed in sick and mentioned in her email that she had something so terrible she thought it might be swine flu.  So I recommended that she see a doctor to get a definitive diagnosis.  People have died; it’s nothing to mess around with, right?  But, seriously, who calls in sick the day before they’re scheduled to work?  I had my doubts.  Her first mistake was telling me a couple of days later that the doctor positively diagnosed her with H1N1 so I told her she would need to get a note that stated she was clear to return to work.  Turns out she never went to the doctor.  She added another 4 or 5 lies on top of that one and at the end of the week, she was dishonorably discharged.  Good riddance.

So, last week, Grey gets sick.  A little fever, a little throw up and then a nasty cold.  He spent 3 nights in our bed which is miserable when I’m not pregnant and really horrible when I am.  But who can resist a stuffy-nosed 3-year old who just wants to cuddle with mom when he’s sick?  Lo and behold, now mom’s got it.  The good news is, it isn’t swine flu.  The bad news is, breathing is more labored, coughing keeps me up all night and I’ve got meetings every day this week. The good news is I’m on the tail end of it now and can go back to labored breathing due to an ever-expanding fetus and sleepless nights because I’m peeing every 2 hours! 

Mike wins daddy & husband of the year again for taking the best care of us including whipping up homemade chicken dumpling soup (YUM).

Greyson’s “self-portrait” (September 2009)

Grey's Self Portrait

GREY*isms* 

G: Is that ketchup?

Dad: No, it’s barbecue sauce

G: Oh…my bad!

*********************************************************************************(While visiting the Museum of Flight and seeing a fighter jet with a shark painted on the side)

G: A SHARK PLANE? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

IMG00096

Like father, like son.  Packer jersey and a popsicle.  Pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment