Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Preschool Success?

So, I mentioned that Greyson’s transition to preschool hasn’t been all that smooth.  He cried, I cried.  Until I delegated the task to my nanny, I spent my Tuesday and Thursday mornings in his classroom sitting in pint-sized chairs with my belly between my legs trying to do some work via my iPhone and giving Grey the requisite wave when he needed it.  Credit to Sara for playing the tough-love card and gently but firmly telling him that ‘no’ she wasn’t going to stay and ‘yes’ she would definitely be back to pick him up.  He cried a little less each time and here we are today celebrating his first cry-free day.  He’s proud of himself (he should be) and I just want to squeeze him and…cry.

I wish I could say Parenting magazine contributed to the success.  I read this article in the OB’s office today.Oct 09 005

1st bullet:  Explosive diarrhea…eww.  I sincerely promise never to send Grey to school if he’s puked in the morning or can poop through a screen door.

Oct 09 004  Oct 09 007

2nd bullet:  I must say a Nutella sandwich sounds pretty good but I’m happy to say there’s not a chance Greyson is having that for lunch with an Oreo cookie and chocolate milk.  He’s actually never had an Oreo cookie.  That’s shocking considering the fact that Mike loves them but it’s one of those “no way” foods for our pantry.  He gets his share of treats, but I do draw the line and Oreos don’t make the cut.  (Note to my loving family…I know you’re all going to make it a goal to be the one who gives him his first Oreo.  Just remember, I know where you live)

So, kudos to Sara for helping us get through the preschool transition.  I don’t give her enough credit so I thought I’d share some fun pics of the two of them and their play dates.  Greyson has more friends out here than I do.  The good news is that I really like the parents of his friends (so far).  I’m hoping to build stronger friendships, especially once this baby comes.

This is Greyson’s best friend, Kayla.  She lives a block away and her daddy plays for the Seattle Seahawks so Grey is now a fan and watches for him every Sunday.  Even though he’s met new friends at school, she’s still his favorite. 

Aug 09 005 The photos in the album were taken by Sara on their various adventures.  When Mike & I are at work we know he’s having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment