Monday, November 9, 2009

Captain Stink Butt

Greyson finally has a pirate buddy.  Grey is Captain Jack (Sparrow) and Graham is Captain Stink Butt.  Appropriate, I’d say.  I wish I could say that Grey came up with “Stink Butt”.  Alas, it was Mike.  The two of them are peas in a pod these days.  Mike can’t get out of the house without Grey clinging to his leg.

Graham 11-6-09 002

Graham hit the 2 week milestone last Thursday.  Time is moving quicker this time around.  With Greyson’s first few weeks, it felt like it stood still since I was literally awake around the clock with very small breaks of sleep in between.  With Graham I find it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep until he’s ready to wake me up again.  He gave me a 4 hour stretch last night.  In some ways, I wish time would stand still again.  He has gained nearly a pound already!  He smiled at my mom yesterday (seriously, a genuine open mouthed grin) and we’ve already heard a coo.  I forgot how great that sound is.  Here’s some other things I’ve forgotten:

  1. Leaky breasts
  2. Projectile poop
  3. The frantic sounds of a hungry baby
  4. The satisfaction of a successful latch

Graham 10-31-09 017

My mom’s birthday was November 6th and lucky her, she got to spend it with us!  I wish I could say we did something fun and exciting.  We did have a home-made clown face cake that was supposed to look like a pumpkin, a couple of glasses of Prosecco and a nice meal!  Dad, she’s ready to come home but I’m going to be sorry to see her leave!

Happy Birthday, Nana!

Graham 11-6-09 004

Nana & Greyson have done some serious bonding.  He’s going to be sorry to see her leave too!

Graham 11-5-09 002

GREY*isms*

  • Nana: “You are such a great big brother”
  • Grey: “Yeah, because I don’t hit him in the face”

No comments:

Post a Comment